Monday, August 31, 2009

The Way Forward

As time moves on, I fell the tug of this project maybe a little less. Don't get me wrong, I still want to proceed with the Panzerkampfers! That was until I found out about Leviathans from Catalyst games. The pre-release blog and be found here.

See, my first miniatures game was a naval historical game. And my second. I have a very small force of 1:2400 WW2 naval and a much bigger force of WW1. I liked WW1 because it got back to slugging matches between the heavies. You couldn't have a similar battle in WW2, because of the torpedo armed destroyers and waves of fighters/dive bombers/torpedo bombers. With a limited number of 'large' actions, the 'what-if' factor was much higher. You could pit Scheer and Jellicoe in any mythic battle from the open Atlantic to the Med, the Indian Ocean, anywhere!

Levithans is like an uber kewl cross between a WW1 naval game and Sky Galleons of Mars. I got to peruse the rules and half-play a demo at 2K9 GenCon. It was enjoyable, as much as it could be at a con. I very much look forward to the rules and getting my hands on some miniatures!

This is the proposed cover art! What is not to love?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I loooooove Airships.

    This could be a very cool game....

    ReplyDelete